Outgoing Inter-District Transfers

Processing now.

Renewal Inter-District/Intra-District Transfer Requests –

The process for renewal inter-district and intra-district transfers for sites with impacted enrollment will begin on July 28, 2017. School sites that are currently not impacted: Mountain House High School, Lammersville Elementary School.   

New Intra-District Transfer Requests –

New intra-district transfer requests will be processed after all LUSD resident students have been placed.  (Note: once an intra-district transfer is approved, in accordance with AR5116.1, once enrolled, a student shall not be required to apply for readmission.  However, the student may be subject to displacement due to excessive enrollment.)

New Inter-District Transfer Requests –

The process for new inter-district transfers for sites with impacted enrollment will begin on August 25, 2017 – two weeks after the 2017-2018 school year begins. School sites that are currently not impacted: Mountain House High School, Lammersville Elementary School.

17-18 Inter-District Transfer Forms
17-18 Intra-District Transfer Request Form

Frequently Asked Questions on Inter & Intra District Transfer Requests


  • What is the difference between and Intra and an Inter-District Transfer?
    • An Intra-District transfer is a transfer within Lammersville Unified School District from one school to another school.  An Inter-District transfer permit is a transfer from one school district to another school district.


  • What form do I need?
  • I live outside of the L.U.S.D. attendance area.  How do I enroll in your district?
    • If you live in another school district attendance area and would like to attend one of our schools in L.U.S.D., you will need to start the transfer process at the district office where you live.  Completed forms are turned in to your district for processing. Once approved, your resident district will send the Inter-District Transfer Form to Lammersville Unified School District to review, approve, or deny. We will notify you of the decision after your request goes to the Governing School Board.


  • How do I submit a transfer request form?
    • Once completed, transfer request forms can be submitted several different ways:
    • Scan and Email to:LUSD_IDA
    • In Person: 111 De Anza Boulevard, Mountain House, CA. 95391, or one of our school site offices.
    • Please be sure that the form is filled out completely and print is legible.  We must be able to read your information or it can delay processing.
    • Fax: 209-836-7429
    • Intra District transfer requests should be accompanied by the IDA Transfer Contract Form                                                                                                               
  • How is my transfer processed?
    • Once a request is received, it must be reviewed by the site and district administrators.  The School Board ratifies all transfer requests.  Processing times vary depending on the time of year it is received.  Future requests to attend schools in LUSD (for the following school year) are reviewed in the Spring. 
    • The inter-district transfer is a two-part process. LUSD first must release the student. If that permission is granted, the transfer is sent to the requested district. At that point, the final decision is up to the requested district.  They will contact you with their decision.                                                     


  • How will I know the status of my transfer request?
    • You will be notified via U.S. Mail once the transfer request is ratified by the School Board.
    • If you are requesting to transfer from LUSD to another school district, that school district will notify you once it is finalized on their end. 


  • How often do I need to submit a transfer request?
    • If you are attending a school in our district through an Inter-district transfer, it must be renewed EVERY YEAR.  Inter-district transfer requests are only good for the school year it is approved for. 
    • If you are attending a school in our district through an Intra-district transfer, an annual renewal is not necessary.  A student will stay at the transfer school until completing 8th grade unless there becomes an issue of space or the transfer contract is violated.  In which case the transfer may be revoked.